Free Debt Advice in Lowestoft and North Suffolk
October 24th 2014 – Citizens Advice offers free impartial advice on a range of issues that cause people difficulties including debt and money concerns. Here in Lowestoft we have a specialist team of qualified and accredited Debt Advisers on hand to help you.
By all means go online to find advice but please be aware that some websites will charge you and some will not be impartial. So, just how easily can you spot that dodgy debt advice website?
We reckon it should only take a minute of your time, that’s all, and if you find that even just one of the following points applies to the website you are looking at then the alarm bells must surely ring out.
Does the website clearly show the following?
1. An explanation of their fees
2. Details for their complaints policy
3. A clear message that any debt option will affect your credit rating
4. Contact details of the debt charities as an alternative
5. A link to the guide ‘Dealing with Creditors’ as recommended by the Money Advice Service (in a prominent position on the home page of any debt management advice website)
6. A telephone number to call, that is UK based and with an address to write to
7. Details of their Consumer Credit Licence and membership with a trade association such as DEMSA or DRF.
Do the one minute test: Try Googling ‘free debt advice’ and compare a few debt advice websites. Best of all, if you’d like free, impartial advice from a charity dedicated to helping you solve any money problems with no fees at all, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.